1.20.2011

Reduce Nitrate (in a new tank)

This will show you how I managed to reduce my nitrate to 0 in clean unestablished tap well-water. Generally my tap-water stats are as stated...

NO3 (Nitrate): 20-40
NO2 (Nitrite): 0
pH: 7.2

I had successfully reduced my nitrate from my fresh tap-water using Jungle Plant Care Solutions Fertilizer and Water Conditioner (Ingredients: Derived from potassium chloride and ferric EDTA. Also contains nonplant food ingredients: 0.1% allantoin) and my stats were as stated (over 12hrs later)...

NO3 (Nitrate): 0
NO2 (Nitrite): 0
pH: 7.8

However, my pH did seem to creep up a bit on me. I also tested this product to see if it had any effect on more established aquarium water which had various chemicals already in it. The stats were as follows...

NO3 (Nitrate): 20-40
NO2 (Nitrite): 0
pH: 7.8

The Jungle product did not seem to alter it at all. So, this test shows that it worked best (for myself at least) during the start of a new setup rather than an already established tank setup. However, results could possibly vary for other people.

No comments: